Sikh Research Institute is seeking a driven and enthusiastic Marketing Manager to drive our brand growth and audience acquisition initiatives through marketing functions (traditional, events, and digital). Reporting to the Director of Fundraising, the Marketing Manager develops and implements outstanding communications strategies to further SikhRI’s mission by building awareness, strengthening the brand, advancing philanthropy and support program delivery to the audiences.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, ready to tackle the next challenge that comes your way? Are you comfortable working autonomously but love being part of a supportive global team? The role is best suited to someone who is incredibly versatile, well versed in marketing and communication standards, and can provide guidance and practical support to every department. Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and able to speak and read Panjabi would be an asset.
As Marketing Manager, you will:
- Lead the execution of marketing plans for SikhRI, including: Events, Webinars, Reports, Newsletters, and Podcasts, among others.
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical skills and background of the Marketing function (traditional, events, and digital)
- Ensure project and design briefs or requests are submitted properly and with the appropriate detail, and align to SikhRI’s overarching marketing and brand strategy
- Provide direction for all collateral and other visual and digital communications; ensure marketing campaigns are designed for a positive consumer experience and maintain brand image and standards
- Approaches creativity with enthusiasm and stimulates creative thinking with the content team
- Proactively consults with key departments and divisions to keep them informed of upcoming workload; keeps design, digital, and content leads informed, so there are no surprises
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with each department to ensure the SikhRI's exposure is strategic, appropriate, within the brand, and as cost-effective as possible
- Manages the SikhRI's website and social media
- Recommends opportunities to increase SikhRI’s profile
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field
3 years working experience in a related field
- Well-versed in popular social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, understand priorities, and adapt to changing needs & demands
- Impeccable proofreading and editing skills, and writing experience in various formats
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task effectively, and strong attention to detail
If you are looking for a rewarding career and feel you are a fit for our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and include:
- Why you want to work for SikhRI
- Why you would be great fit for this role
- What excites you about this role and why
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. SikhRI is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks, including Social Media Account(s).